Way Khool Sites

Way Khool Sites

Friday, June 22, 2007

Second Life Adventures


Today's Way Khool Site is: Second Life

I've known about Second Life for sometime now, but I didn't take the plunge until this week when I read that BlogHer was going to have a virtual Second Life conference for those that can't make it to Chicago this summer. I emailed the 'Queen' who will be running this conference, asked her to be gentle with me, and then I took the plunge into this vast other world!

I've been stuck in deep holes, swam under the ocean, and I even ended up (quite by accident) in an adult area where practically everyone spoke another language. Oh, also I ended up in an area called Homeland Security. A helicoptor whispered to me to take it to get out of there, but I hadn't bought any Linden Dollars yet which were required, and so I had to use some ingenuity to escape.

It has taken me hours just to figure out how to dress my avatar, walk around, fly, teleport, converse, and gesture....and yet, I'm still such a newbie. Today I have to correct something which happened when my avatar went into a swimming pool and took her top off...well, I forgot the top was off and went running around topless! I've been getting some weird looks from some equally weird avatars, so I need to go dress my girl again today!

Now I can see why people get sucked into Second Life!

My avatar's name is Kuanyin Yuyian-- she doesn't look anything like me, and I'm not altogether thrilled with her strange eyes, but hey, she's growing on me!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home