Way Khool Sites

Way Khool Sites

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Change Is Overdue For The Tibetans


Today's Way Khool Site is: Avaaz Organization

I signed the petition several days ago, and last I looked there was already 466,418 signatures on the petition to Stand With Tibet and Support the Dalai Lama.

As you're probably aware of the sad news coming from Tibet, another bloody conflict is happening between the Tibetans and the Chinese....and as usual, the Tibetans are suffering!

Here's what the Avaaz website says about this:

"After decades of repression, Tibetans are crying out to the world for change. China's leaders are right now making a crucial choice between escalating brutality or dialogue that could determine the future of Tibet, and China.

We can affect this historic choice -- China does care about its international reputation. But it will take an avalanche of global people power to get the government's attention. The Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, has called for restraint and dialogue: he needs the world's people to support him. Fill out the form below to sign the petition--and spread the word. "

Won't you add your name so that Avaaz can make 1 million names?

Avaaz also supports other great causes, so take time to check out their other good work while you're visiting their site.

******

On another note: I'm taking off for Spring Break and will be traveling for awhile. If you chance upon this blog while I'm gone, rummage through the several years of posts. There's a lot of great websites and blogs I've added here.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

I love ur blog.I will like to exchange link with you.I have added ur link.Now plz u also add mine.
Site url-http://storiesoftruelove.blogspot.com/
Site name-Amazing love stories

Monday, March 31, 2008  
Blogger Awake In Rochester said...

I have an Award for you at my blog. ;o)

Friday, April 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great blog
I think you can get a blog award for this site!-Gen

Tuesday, May 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home