Way Khool Sites

Way Khool Sites

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bloggers Unite--Human Rights


Today's Way Khool Site is: Blog Catalog's Bloggers Unite

I believe this is the second year the social networking platform Blog Catalog has encouraged it's members to unite and blog on an awareness-raising subject matter. I participated last year, and I'm participating again this year. This year's focus is Human Rights.

If you haven't become affiliated with Blog Catalog, you may wish to as they are a very worthy online group where you can meet lots of fellow bloggers and interact in a large selection of resonant groups.

As many know who regularly read this blog, I've given the Way Khool Award to many organizations and non-profits through the years which have inspired me. There are so many people in need of our help, and there's a huge list to draw from.

Humanity is at a touch-n-go moment now as we're involved in the Great Shift of the Ages. Will we do ourselves in, or will we survive? The clock is ticking.

For many, time has run out, and the rage and sadness many of us feel for the human rights violations in places like Zimbabwe, Darfur, Haiti, and MANY other places is mounting. We ask ourselves, "What can little old me do?" Just sending money or lending a hand to organizations often doesn't seem enough!

Most of us have human rights violations which trigger us the most. For me, it's the deplorable situation of white slavery throughout the world. The thought of so many, many women being held captive and abused as sex slaves makes me extremely sad AND angry. The number of women kept as sex slaves and sold into white slavery is staggering. Young women are taken from their families or given away by their family to die of Aids, torture, and other diseases. When they're no longer useful, they are trashed. So many of these are very young girls! I bring your attention to this today, and I ask you to bring your consciousness and prayers and aid to eliminate this situation for these poor women in peril.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Gabriel said...

Great reflection!!!! I invite you to check my post it's title "The hypocrisy of the Mexican democracy" where I give a brief look on human rights in Mexico.

Thursday, May 15, 2008  
Anonymous Abby said...

I can't even imagine being in a country where women were treated so horrifically. Good for you for helping raise awareness like this.

Thursday, May 15, 2008  
Blogger Stuck in my head said...

Good thoughts.

I also posted about modern slavery. It is crazy that it still happens and that people are still exploited when all they want is monetary aid. These people who do it are mostly greedy people who are just looking to make a buck at others' horrible expense.

Sunday, May 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home